[Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 25, Issue 53

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 15:14:02 MDT 2009

BillM and I pulled my Midgets motor & tranny yesterday for the second time
in two weeks.
This time we put the 4 speed back in so I'd have a daily driver.
I love driving the MK2 Sprite, in the sun with the top off.
On the freeway in the rain - no thanks.

Here's a tip for a rattling shifter - when the little bushes that go in
there are worn out.
Take a piece of vinyl tubing and cut and trim it until it fits where the
bushes used to be.
My shifter is now nice and tight and makes no more noise.
Without a bushing in there the rattling can drive you crazy!

Now... I just busted one of the pulley mounts on the deck of my riding mower
so I have to go back outside and remove that and then start looking for a
way to repair it. Yes - it's summer and there's a lot of stuff to do...

Rick (yard aint done yet) Bastedo