[Spridgets] Spridget guys at BHF

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 22 17:59:02 MDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Caldwell" <peter at nosimport.com>

... And, humidity prevents Ron from saying how well he did in the races.
He drove very well, and won..... something..... Small Bore Gran Prix?
Started from the back of the pack and passed everyone but himself.

It WAS great to see everyone again, though a few were missing.

Peter C.

Peter is right.  Ron won the pole for the first race that the powers that be
decided to try a grand experiment and line them up in reverse order for the
race.  No problem.  Ron whittled his way through the pack in a matter of
just a few laps.  Well done, Ron.  Very well done.

By the way, when Ron got back to the pits after the race, we all met him
before he could get out of the car and slapped hands in congratulations.
About 5 to 10 minutes later he came up to us and announced, incredulously,
that he won.  That was good for a few laughs as the only person who didn't
realize he won was the driver.  By the way, that isn't that unusual as it
happened to me once, too.  The driver only sees the guys in front of him and
knows he has to pass them all even though some are a lap down.  Still, it
was funny to see it happen to somebody else.

Peter, you realize, of course, that now that Ron set the bar a little
higher, we are going to have to expect this out of him every weeekend,
right?

Way to go, Ron,

LAD