[Spridgets] MG 2009 Weather precautions

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:26:05 MDT 2009

Mark,

I just got done doing peer review on a paper which documents a tornado in
the Sangre De Cristo range.  I've personally seen one near Estes Park years
ago. They may be rare in the mountains, but they are not unknown. I agree
though...  Hail storms east of the front range are by far the bigger threat
to an LBC. The hail gets big enough to punch holes in a rag top too....   I
just got a big check from my insurance company to cover hail damage to my
2005 Chev pick-up, my roof, 2 broken windows and new paint on the
clapboards.....

Cheers!!
Jim

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Mark Haynes <haynes386 at netzero.net> wrote:

> It just occurred to me that some folks might not be acquainted with
> springtime
> weather around the Rockies. We've recently been inundated with some violent
> afternoon weather, so if you are planning on driving in from the east, it
> might be beneficial if you tried to get into the mountains before noon.
> We've
> had a rash of tornadoes/hail/severe thunderstorms, etc. in the afternoons
> throughout the last 2 weeks on the plains to the east of the foothills.
> The hailstorms DO extend into the mountains, but the tornadoes do not. What
> ever weather you are accustomed to, we may have some, plan accordingly.
> I've
> seen snow in every month of the year (including on the 4th of July numerous
> times).
> Hope this helps your planning.
>

> Mark Haynes
> HAN6L12779
> HAN5L8016

> Click here to find the perfect banking opportunity!

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/BLSrjnxXwVzjUOZCxiy6TDf0ULk5Iv

oPU0ugjUpen6ERRKHJLCaUzaefaqE/<http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc
/BLSrjnxXwVzjUOZCxiy6TDf0ULk5Iv%0AoPU0ugjUpen6ERRKHJLCaUzaefaqE/>

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein