[Spridgets] MG 2009 Weather precautions

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Thu Jun 18 14:42:37 MDT 2009

It just occurred to me that some folks might not be acquainted with springtime
weather around the Rockies. We've recently been inundated with some violent
afternoon weather, so if you are planning on driving in from the east, it
might be beneficial if you tried to get into the mountains before noon. We've
had a rash of tornadoes/hail/severe thunderstorms, etc. in the afternoons
throughout the last 2 weeks on the plains to the east of the foothills.
The hailstorms DO extend into the mountains, but the tornadoes do not. What
ever weather you are accustomed to, we may have some, plan accordingly. I've
seen snow in every month of the year (including on the 4th of July numerous
times).
Hope this helps your planning.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779