[Spridgets] Carbs

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:49:15 MDT 2009

Dave,

I read so many posts regarding SU issues.  If you want to keep the car
stock. .  then of course you would stay with the SU's.

My car is a driver.  . I had SU issues with this one.  For some reason,
never had any SU issues with my 1960 MGA.  I was always able to tune it to
bunsen blue using the Color Tune.

But for some reason the SU's on my Bugeye always gave me fits.

Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy has a great carb which solved all the headaches
for me.

Although they are a large Weber dealer. .  I bought a carb called an OER.
It is a Japanese version of the Weber DCOE 45.  It takes all the same jets
and emulsion tubes.  However, it also has an adjustment for float bowl
height as well as an adjustment for the accelerator pump.

For the last 3 years I have been enjoying maintenance free performance.  For
me it was one of the best things I have done to my 59 Frog Aye.

Just thought I would mention. . .

Kirk