[Spridgets] Stuborn Steering wheel

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:29:45 MDT 2009

Jim

When I pulled the steering wheel on FROG AYE I made a special tool which
consisted of a 4" x .25" steel plate with a 1.5" U-shaped hole cut in it and
three .25" holes evenly spaced around it that were on a circle slightly
larger than the  steering wheel base. I can slip this plate behind the wheel
and bolt a 3-pronged gear puller (the kind which bolts to the gear NOT with
hooks that slide behind the gear) to the plate.  This allowed me to pull on
the wheel with no pressure points.  It came right off.

I'll lend you my special tool if you tell me where to send it.
Hal