[Spridgets] The Red Car and camshaft

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 11:21:06 MDT 2009

Bought that book from the Scholastic Book Club in junior high school in the
early '60s.  Probably made more of an impression on me than "Catcher in the
Rye", "Moby Dick" and all the others assigned to me in school.  Once I got my
first car (a red Bugeye, natch) I identified even more strongly with Hap.I
know Peter Egan was a big Red Car fan and Burt Levy's stuff seems to e
influenced by the book as well.  Amazingly, it's been re-issued and it's
available from Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/ls6ufy  If you love sports cars and
have never read this book, you owe it to yourself to check it out.