[Spridgets] 2009 Chevies

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:31:11 MDT 2009

Kate,

Scary story on the new Chevy's. . .I thought they were "Like a Rock?"  I
guess more like a "millstone around your neck?"

My 2001 Chevy Xtreme truck which is basically an S10 factory lowered 2
inches with limited slip. .  I bought it new and have kept the oil changed.
Large V6. . . 4.3 or something like that.

105 thousand miles.  Lost one fuel pump (probably partially my fault for
running too often with low fuel in the tank, lubrication of the pump,
cooling)?  The part alone was $600 bucks. .  good thing I had just come into
a windfall at the time of 106k.  If it goes again I am going to cut out the
truck bed to get to it - make a hinged door out of my cut out. . replace the
pump, put the liner back in and forget about it.

Two electric motors for the drivers side electric window replaced under
warranty and three door handle mechanisms replaced on the small drivers side
third door.  This stopped after I began to remember to push the door in a
bit every time I open it.

Other than that, it runs like the day I bought it.  It also does not use
oil.  The oil level always stays the same, right on the mark.

Keeping my fingers crossed.  The neighbor across the street has a Chevy
truck with near 300k on it and doing well. .  no major issues through the
years.  Like mine, *mostly long distance freeway miles. *

Kirk

PS
Wife is on her second PT Cruiser (made in Toluca Mexico).  Not much to say
about the PT's other than
poor build quality.  Her first one was going in the toilet after 50k on the
odometer.  But this is the only car she has ever wanted in her life. .  so
we keep buying them.   Her current PT has a small turbo which does help the
anemic engine get up and move much better. I don't like to be seen driving
it.