[Spridgets] was Shell Gasoline, then cables, now gearheads in the industry.

Kathryn Bales kgb at frontiernet.net
Mon Jul 6 11:22:14 MDT 2009

Perhaps the quality of new cars leaves something to be desired?  We have
seven 2009 Chevies with 25 - 40,000 miles each.  All have had major
problems, two have problems that seriously affect their safety and
operating ability, but the dealer's shop claims to have no idea what the
problems are. My van, with 25,000 miles, is on its third set of brakes,
has deep-fried wiring to the headlamps, and still needs brake work. Most
use copious amounts of oil, but the dealer claims this is standard.  My
40 year old MG doesn't use that much! Neither do any of my 20+ year old
Chrysler products, each with over 200,000 miles. All five of my vehicles
together cost me around $500 a year in repair costs if I take them to a
shop, yet people will ask why I don't buy a new car. I spend less per
year for repairs on five vehicles than the monthly payment on one new one

Kate.