[Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Fri Jan 30 11:37:56 MST 2009

> Likewise I would want to have to reach under the bonnet, supporting with
> my head while I undo the plastic dinguses. As it is with stock supports,
> you lift up on the bonnet to release them. If the struts would do that,
> fine.

I assume you missed a negative in there somewhere?
I just looked at the site posted previously and realized that those locking
struts require holding a button down while moving the piston. A little
difficult if maintaining the original mountings. The ones I had in mind are
more like http://tinyurl.com/gas4bug although they do not have a suitable
length. If the strength was adequate to almost hold the weight of the
bonnet, I would not mind reaching in to release them.
David Lieb