[Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Fri Jan 30 11:23:52 MST 2009

>      Divide by 2, as you would likely have 2 supports, and 40-50 lbs
> should do.  But, I'm not an engineer. And lifting will be different,
> but that is the weight you have to support to keep it open.

I have a small camper with a gas strut to facilitate opening the storage
area. It is a "locking strut" similar to what someone mentioned earlier
with a plastic piece that snaps into place when fully open. Pushing the
side of said plastic piece releases it, allowing it to close. As such, the
strut itself is NOT strong enough to lift the lid OR to hold it open. Nor
do I think that I would want the struts on a Bugeye bonnet to be strong
enough to lift it or hold it open. It would be nice to have as pair with
the correct amount of travel (or a bit more?), but I would not want to
be under the bonnet when they got tired... hence the locking function.
David Lieb