[Spridgets] Mo' money for LBC parts - HDMI cables NLBC

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 14:34:55 MST 2009

Just a little interesting note on high def cables as you guys may start using the HDTVs and blu-ray players you got for Christmas. I have just completed an a-b comparison of a $70 Monster Cable vs. a $3 www.monoprice.com HDMI 1.3 cable on a high-end Pioneer Kuro display with a latest generation Samsung blu-ray player in a highly controlled environment - dark room, regulated AC power, etc. There is absolutely no perceivable difference. The two people performing the comparison were in complete agreement, and each have 20-15 vision. For yucks,  we tried some component video cables as well. The difference between HDMI and component video cables was substantial, though.

Back to winter duldrums,
Ron