[Spridgets] Bugeye for sale

CAWS52803 at aol.com CAWS52803 at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 06:46:04 MST 2009

I am presenting this to the Spridget List prior to offering it to the local
or national clubs or Ebay.
I am reluctantly offering my 1961 Bugeye for sale as my wife cannot get into
it with her bad knees and we still have our 100/Six for fun.  Here are the
details:

AN5 47736  Right Hand Drive

I have most of all the original registration papers from England from the
original owner in March 1961 thru several owners to Dec 1984.  I purchased it in
Feb 1987 in Connecticut.  The BH Heritage states it was built Oct 3-5 1961 and
Dispatched 9 March 1961.  I know, how could it have been built after
dispatched.  Must be a typo and actually built in October 3-5 1960.
In 1993 I restored the car, having it repainted red and installed a new 1300
Marinia Long Engine from Mini Mania and also a 1275 rebuilt transmission from
Sport & Classics.  All receipts since 1987.
It was used for several years before I stored it in a garage in CT about 1997
and not used until I had it shipped to North Carolina the summer of 2006.  At
that time I had to replace all the master & slave clutch cylinders, brake
wheel cylinders, lines, shoes and complete tune up including new ignition wires
and battery.  It runs great and has lots of pep and zip.  I have the tonneau,
top and side curtains too.  Bonnet lifts forward.  I do have a picture
available by email and the car was in the 2008 Spridget calendar in January.  Car has
been appraised and insured for $15,000.

Rudy Streng
Lenoir, NC
steps!