[Spridgets] numbers on the doors of our Spridgets question.....

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 15:53:30 MST 2009

What I have heard or read somewhere along the way was that the number
stamped into the body shell on the right side under the wire loom (on
Bugeyes) is the body stamping number.
Now the body number and the chassis numbers do NOT match.
As I read (or heard from Geoff Healey) was that the bodys were numbered
1-2-3-4-5-6  when made and loaded into a truck (Lorry)
As the came out of the truck, 6-5-4-3-2-1 at the assembly line, they
went to cars  1-2-3-4-5-6 thus mixing up the numbers by a few in the
beginning to several hundred by the end of the run.
Also the left door post number had something to do with paint and interior.
That's what I have heard, or read but I did not read it on the internet
so it may not be true ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ