[Spridgets] Holy SMOKES !!!

Heard heard at datatrontech.net
Wed Feb 4 07:12:45 MST 2009

This policy is in effect now!  I just had my last experience with ebay and
paypal.  Never again!  I sold an antique gas light fixture for a couple of
hundred bucks.  Ebay insisted that I only take paypal.  When I asked why,
they said because it was an 'electronic' item.  I tried to tell them it
wasn't but they wouldn't listen...but I digress.  So anyway, I had no choice
but to accept paypal.  After the buyer paid, I tried to get paypal to send
me a check.  They refused because I only had a PO box listed and they
claimed they couldn't send a check to the PO box.  After many, many, hours
trying to get someone on the phone that spoke English, I explained that they
certainly didn't have trouble using the PO Box as the address tied to my
credit card.  They still refused and insisted that I send them a copy of my
driver's license, a utility bill, and something else I can't remember now.
I refused and eventually had to enter a bank account to get paid.  I don't
like anyone having my bank account...especially ebay or paypal and I'll be
damned if I'm going to create a separate account at the bank just for them.

As soon as I got my money, I removed the account, the credit card, then
closed my account.

In my opinion, I don't like doing business with any Internet company that
doesn't give me a physical address and phone numbers where I can EASILY find
them.  Try finding a phone number for ebay or an address for paypal.

In the process of all this, I came across www.paypalsucks.com

Heard