[Spridgets] Rivergate, clutch

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:34:34 MST 2009

Sounds to me like your master cylinder may not be working correctly and may
not be returning fully. Possibly the inside return spring may be broken or too
weak to return the piston fully.
Does your peddle travel too far before you feel it hit the piston?
BillM

> Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:34:37 -0800
> From: kidjoevid at yahoo.com
> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Rivergate, clutch
>
> I think I've got something wrong on my clutch setup. I have the Rivergate
oversized slave on a Datsun 5 speed tranny. I have a 3/4" MC. I think I have
all the air out of the line.

> The pedal does not "engage" the slave cylinder until the MC is about 1/2 way
through it's stroke. After it engages, it pushes the slave cylinder, but only
about 3/4"...