[Spridgets] What kind of primer?

Bill Gilroy wmgilroy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:35:46 MDT 2009

My advice is pick a paint brand and line and get some primer (either epoxy
or high build) that is compatible with the top coat.  If you get a good
primer you can shoot it and leave it (inside of course).

-g

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM, <andrewpayne at intrex.net> wrote:

> Well I've been sanding and heat gun stripping the paint and bondo from my
> 76. Things are moving well, and soon I hope to pull the engine and start on
> patch panels.
> Can someone give me a tip or two on priming?  How should I prep the metal,
> and what kind of primer should I use?  At this point, I just want to
protect
> the steel. Most of the areas will be bare metal, but not perfectly
stripped.
>  I would prefer rattle cans and have no idea what kind of paint I will be
> using.  I'm leaning towards rustoleum, but I do have a friend with a body
> shop just 7 hours away...
> Drew

Their mythology starts with the false premise that these are irreplaceable
geniuses

Andrew Cuomo speaking about AIG executives