[Spridgets] Gauge issues now with rough running!

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Fri Aug 21 07:25:18 MDT 2009

The tach problem can be indicative (since it's an indicatOR) of a low
tension ignition problem. Check that the oft-frayed wire from the low
tension lead on the distributor to the points is solid, that the
condenser and LT lead are properly connected to the points spring,
yet completely isolated from the points post or plate. Also check
that the wire from the coil to the LT lead connector on the
distributor is not loose or frayed.  All of these are common
ailments, and easily rectified.
         Peter C
==