[Spridgets] Bugeye steering column

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Tue Aug 18 18:21:55 MDT 2009

I'm replacing repro felts in the column.  The repro's were too thick
and steering was too tight.  I see on the originals I'm putting in
they are the same size but one has a hole dead center.  Is this the
upper or lower?  Should the hole be oriented a certain way?

The workshop manual I have shows a 3rd felt which is narrower and a
clip, that look like they go in or near the underdash column bracket.
I don't have it and wonder if I need it or if it even is part of the
Bugeye setup.

The outer column has one end rolled and one straight.  Does the
straight end point to the steering wheel?

Does the outer column extend past the toe box into the engine bay or
stop short of the hole?
Should the inner column be painted?

Thanks.

Phil Nase