[Spridgets] Pull the tranny or not? Opinions wanted

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 17:47:35 MDT 2009

My friend Dave as well as others in the MG club have told me I should not pull
the tranny with the engine unless I need to.  To recap - I've gotta yank the
lump in order to do a clutch job.  It never even occurred to me o leave it in
there, but they say hey've done it many times and it really is no bog deal to
get it all lined back up and in place after the clutch is bolted up.  I have a
massive hoist and plenty of help, so that's not an issue.

So what is the prevailing preference?  If leaving it in there is much easier
(which means I would not have to pull the seats and carpets, etc.) and if the
tranny is not leaking out the tailshaft (still need to check that one by
shining a ligh into the tunnel from the rear, maybe?) what do you all think?

Frank, you've probably pulled more than most of the rest of us combined - what
do you think?

 - David Booker
'71 Midget up in the air and hoodless
Long Island