[Spridgets] Much accomplished last night

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 04:35:12 MDT 2009

About the time I got home from work last night, my friend Dave dropped by to
deliver the hoist I'm borrowing from yet another friend.  Both are from my MG
Club here on the island.  Dave is a very interesting guy who seems to have
made his livelihood through sports cars and race cars for much of his life.
If not making a living through them, he's certainly been around them and is a
wealth of knowledge and humor.

I thought he was just going to drop it off and give me couple suggestions for
this Saturday when a few friends from the club are gathering here to help me
yank the engine/tranny.  Well, we ended up removing the hood, then decided to
turn the car around so that it faced inwards (toward the lights and away from
any potential rain),  then we thought we might as well put it up on the stands
and ramps...You see where this is going.

My son Kyle really likes Dave, and the feeling is apparently mutual.  While I
was making a couple of plates to bolt into and pull the engine with, Dave
talked Kyle through removing the fuel line, throttle cable, choke cable,
carbs, intake manifold and exhaust manifold.  We all had a great time out
there till about 9:00.  All I gotta do now is go buy some taps, then I (or
more probably Kyle) will remove the dizzy so's not to break it.

Seems we're all ready for Saturday.  If anybody wants to drop by let me know
and I'll tell you how to get here.  You won't have to work as Kyle seems
determined to do the whole job himself.

 - David Booker
'71 Midget in pieces
Long Island