[Spridgets] no LBC just "chuck" content!

charles christ cfchrist at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 21 09:03:17 MDT 2009

ok it's been a long time since posting and i see a bunch of new names!
congratulations to those of you who have joined the ranks!  i just wanted to
drop a collective message to evryone via my old earthlink acct. to let evryone
know i'm still alive and believe it or not lost a few more pounds!   but i
hope you are all sitting reading this!  i've been experiencing financial
problems since my move from breinigsvile to orwigsburg.   job hunting has been
months and moths of reading two newspapers want ad's and not much to say but
it's very depressing when you search and search only to find at 51 i'm too old
or over experienced or the good paying jobs are so far away it's not practical
to work there due to fuel prices(even though they are down from what they were
once up to!).   now here comes the one where those of you who have either
driven with me or know me are going to laugh yourself silly!   i'm going to
drive a school bus!  now i had no idea what i was "signing up for" when i
responded to the ad. in the paper!   NO IDEA!  i have gone through drug
testing , child abuse and criminal background checks , have to be FBI finger
printed , get a physical(now that alone is funny to those who know me!), pass
written tests at the Pa. D.O.T. center for air brakes , passenger endorsement
, school bus & get a class B CDL. along with 14 hours of class room time
(about school bus driving) and 6 hours driving a bus with a state credentialed
instructor!  to be allowed to go take my driving test.....to drive a school
bus!  my test date is the 30th and i have 4 more hours of driving to do
between now and then.
i thought all it is , is driving a darn bus .....wrong!  what a job to be
allowed to drive a darn bus!   now that you are all either laughing so hard
you need a change of "shorts" or passed out from absolute shock , i have
woulded my bugeye.   two problems!   i believe i have a broken axle because it
"torque steers" with the posi rear in it.  but my biggest worry is it is
fouling cyl.#1's plug evry time i run it.    clean plug and it runs like
nothing's wrong.   but a few miles and it's oiled up and i'm on 3 cylinders.
i have an axle for the car and both engine and rear axle gaskets and seals.  i
do not have the bearings or rings and will not disassemble it without having
parts. i know it's a standard bore 1275 with cooper "S" pistons (std. mains
and rods too!) and i'm along the lines that it's rings and at that point it's
way over due for bearings since it was built back in the 70's on my bedroom
desk in my mom's second floor row home!   so i guess it must sit for a while
because i need to try to get caught up with bills before evrything i have
needs to be sold to try to "right" my financial situation.
i hope this finds evryone well , alive and kicking!

chuck
the same darn bugeye for ...35 years and counting......
now i have to force myself to go out in the shop....there is a sick alfa out
there and i'm learning "italian".
crusaderchuck at yahoo.com