[Spridgets] now WAY OT - Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: penetrating oils-

mike rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Tue Apr 14 09:48:10 MDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 08:20 -0400, Andrew Payne wrote:
> The MX5 is a great little car.  And a great modern MG replacement.  If you
> want something more, how about a nice Elise?  Not easy to get out of, but that
> is an improvement... Now I'm just baiting;)

 Good baiting...prior to the S2000 was a Elise :)  I missed the real
convertible experience, the top comes off the Elise but its not the
same.  I agree the MX-5 is a good car, never owned one but there has
been a few in my driveway over the years, always enjoyed driving them
but they did not "do it" for me.

> There's also the Porsche Boxster.  Use it as a excuse to go test drive
> anything of interest.  I mean have you fully ruled out Ferrari?

 Thought of the Boxster and often wonder if it might have been better
than the S2000 and ABSOLUTELY NEVER rule out a Ferrari 328 GTS but the
mean wife says I have to get rid of the Dino in order to get a 328 and
the Dino is a "for rest of life" car.

 When the Spridget (back to list subject) powered Singer gets finished
and on the road, the S2000 will probably get sold and sacrificed for a
prancing horse as the Spriger (Spridget powered Singer = Spriger) will
become my more or less daily driver.  That is one of the reasons my
Singer is Spridget powered, for reliability as a daily driver, the other
reason is the original motor was toast and I could not find another one,
but I have since found one, keeping the 1098 in and going to drive the
daylights out of it :)

	mike