[Spridgets] rusty bits - epilogue

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Sat Apr 11 20:09:31 MDT 2009

The PB Blaster does help.  Definitely a case of using the wrong tool.

After a good day in the shop, I feel I need to mention three excellent tools
that y'all should check out if you aren't already using them.

Gearwrench ratcheting combination wrenches
- I like the original no frills name brand, thin ratcheting wrench that fits
almost anywhere.  The action is nice, I would rather use these than ratchets
or air tools in many cases.
http://www.gearwrench.com/catalog/wrenches/ratcheting/combination/

Craftsman 3 pc. Standard Extreme Grip Wrench Set
- These are unusual wrenches, that I have not been using frequently. What
they are great for is fasteners that are of unknown sizing, system, etc.  I
bought these because I could not find a set of Whitworths at a fair price.
Already worth the $22.50 sale price!
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00942512000P?vName=Tools&cName=Mech
anics+Tools&sName=Wrenches

Wurth HHS 2000
- Quite possibly the best squeaky bit lubricant! A mechanic friend gave me a
can, and it works really well.

Cheers
Drew