[Spridgets] rusty bits

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Fri Apr 10 12:22:32 MDT 2009

<<Finally, Ed made me realize what I had suspected for some time,
that I just need to drink more beer!  Perhaps the OTHER home
brew will work well for that.>>

Let me 'clarify' Drew's comment by pasting (below) exactly what I
advised him<VBG>!!!

<<WD-40 is not enough.>>

'Course not, Drew.  USELESS as tits on a boar hog for that type
of work<G>!!  It's 'ok' for lubing rubber stuff, etc. and that is IT.
WORTHLESS.

<<Any suggestions on techniques to free rusty screws and bolts? >>

As Frank mentioned, "Busty" IS my choice and NOT just 'cause
I sell it.

I have been using it to take cars apart for over 20 years.
Lost ONE (1) 'battle' (just wrote this to Bill in Oregon):

<quote>
Busty WILL get anything loose EXCEPT dis-similar metals
(ONLY 'battle' I have EVER lost<G>).  SmBlk Chev alternator
has a 4" bolt that threads into block BUT goes THRU a 3 3.4"
alum. tube.  Damn thing wouldn't come apart after 20ish
years in place<G><G><G>!!!
</quote>

Want a couple cans??  Comes with 'straws' and what you
SHOULD do is with a VERY gentle index finger FOAM the stuff
on fastener.  Go have a brew or 2.  Repeat foaming.  Go have
another couple brews<G>.  Foam some more on and just let
bubbles disappear then apply a TINY amount of TIGHTENING.
Re-foam and more brews (or other fasteners - LOL).
Let site for a few hours.  RE-foam and apply a TINY amount
of UN-DO (aka; loosening) but NOT forcing but a tad!!!!!

Re-start the process alternating between
TIGHTENING & LOOSEING
with OUT 'forcing' the issue in either direction!!!!!
And that IS important!!!!

AFTER stuff IS apart the either washing soda re-rust -
Evapo-rust - etc. but AFTER cleaning in parts washer or rinse
with brake cleaner.

Ed