[Spridgets] Questions for the Racers (Long)

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 06:32:31 MDT 2009

Thank you Ron, Larry, and Bob, I am encouraged to try this. I will buy new
Hoosier Street TD's. Bought more than my share of Goodyear racing slicks, and
can't do that now. I've never been able to get through my third race on a set
without them going off, even when I practiced on older tires. I think I
confused some while referring to "Street tires". I once tried Pirelli P7's as
rain tires at Pocono and will not attempt that again. NASCAR 1 turn on those
tires was never more scary. At one point I became so irate at the SCCA
politics I reacted by ripping all of the fiberglass from the car and
pronounced myself a vintage racer, but that can wait. I actually like the
looks of the car better in stock form, and this pic shows why I can't return
to slicks; http://tinyurl.com/cpxug6
Should I get hooked again, I'll have no
qualms about taking the plasma torch to the repaired quarter panels and
install new flares. The arches can always be welded back in. Can you tell that
I moved the arches up 1-1/2"? Very subtle, but will probably show when placed
next to another Sprite.
I appreciate the opinions guys.
John
Fogelsville, PA
http://tinyurl.com/cpxug6

--- On Thu, 4/9/09, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com>

Daniels" <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>
> Date: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 10:32 PM

--- On Thu, 4/9/09, Larry Daniels
> <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:

John,
> > If I can throw my two pence worth in here, the deeper
> the

tread on your
> > street tires, the more tire squirm and, thus, slip
> angle
>
> I should have mentioned - the Hoosiers have tread that
> looks like it
was applied with a Sharpie marker. Same with
> the Avon's. There's a place in
WI that specializes in used
> race tires - I lost the bookmark, but you can
search the
> prodracing archives which is where I found it a while ago.

Ron
http://www.team.net/donate.html