[Spridgets] Help with Rivergate Question

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:02:58 MDT 2009

Kirk,
I purchased a rebuilt datsun tranny from a local transmission house for
$550.It did not have the throw out bearing fork, or the shift lever.  You
may be able to find such local to you.  My guy had two which had been
sitting on his shelf for a few years.  I don't know if he stilll has the
other one, but I can check if you want.  NFI, etc.
If you are on the Spridgets list, the place to get your adapter is
Morriservice.  It is run by Paul A. who is a list member and who can tell
you more than you need to know about A series gear boxes and drive trains.
Thankfully, he is back on the list after an absence.
One difference between the Rivergate kit and Paul's is that Paul's kit uses
the Datsun clutch and not a specially made clutch plate.
YMMV.  Other spridgeteers may have different opinions.
Hal