[Spridgets] ELVF photos

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 06:29:13 MDT 2008

Hi John,

--- On Wed, 9/24/08, John Caffrey <jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU> wrote:
> How's that new clutch working for you?

OK, but it slipped every once in a while going hard up a hill (turn 5) towards the end of a few sessions.

> What release
> bearing are you
> using,

Stock carbon puck /slave cylinder  with a Tilton spacer/guide tube ahead of the bearing

>and how are you limiting the throw?

There's a welded nut on the footwell firewall; a long bolt with 2 nuts on it lines up perfectly with Tilton clutch pedal. We dialed in the throw of the pedal by lifting the rear wheels, putting it in gear, and limiting travel after the wheels broke free from depressing the pedal. Maybe 3/4" to 1 inch pedal throw total!

> Something I still have to decide on.

It took quite a beating this weekend. I think the slipping problem is easily solved. The engine bay was absolutely bone dry, so the oil must have been on the flywheel instead this time ;-))

Regards,
Ron