[Spridgets] Lever Shock Fluid Recommendation

Miniac7 at aol.com Miniac7 at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 18:40:57 MDT 2008

So that means the nut (approx,13mm) that sits atop and on the side of the
shock is the filler hole? If so, that's how I remember MGB shocks being
configured.

The reason for my question is; I just watched an MG Midget shock  absorber
Tech Tip You Tube video off the ChicagoLand MG site. In that  video, the guy
doing the hydraulic fill said in order to fill the shock with  fluid, it was
first necessary to remove the top plate off the fluid  chamber, which is held on
by a series of screws. I wasn't planning to go  thru all that, including
replacement of the cover plate gasket, if I could  merely unscrew the fill plug. I
guess he was working with some other make or  model shock, other than factory
original ????

Someone please confirm all of the above for me.

By the way, the shocks I pulled out from the Bugeye had LARGE amounts of
free travel before any resistance was found. I have a spare set of shocks  off a
'73 Midget that I plan to use instead. They are firm throughout the entire
length of arm travel, so I'm thinking they'll be a more suitable candidate in
this case.

Thanks,
Howard Collins
Virginia Beach, VA.