[Spridgets] Lever Shock Fluid Recommendation

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Sep 16 13:56:19 MDT 2008

Howard,
The spongy feeling you mention may be caused by air in the shocks.  You
can put all the correct, new fluid in them you want, but, until you get
that air out of them, they'll remain "spongy".  The factory workshop
manual tells us to open the fill plug, and ad the correct oil while
working the shock lever up and down through it's entire range of travel
until the air is purged and the shock reservoir is full.  I've revived
more than a couple of reportedly "worn out" Armstrong shock absorbers
using this method.
Bud Osbourne