[Spridgets] plug welding

Dave Grandeffo davegran at ticon.net
Mon Sep 15 19:00:19 MDT 2008

>            Michael Rowe
> > For the beginner welders out there like me, to spot weld with a mig 
> rig,
> > you
> > drill a hole through one piece and then fill the hole with weld and 
> hope
> > it
> > penetrates to the undrilled piece beneath.
> This is a plug weld.  Spot welds are made with no drilling.  There 
> must be a
> different name for welding through two holes.  Anyone know?
Actually, welding through a hole in one piece to a solid piece 
underneath is called a rosette weld.


More information about the Spridgets mailing list