[Spridgets] stripes

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:55:12 MDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Mike/Donna Carpenter
<mail4carpenters at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> I would like to obtain vinyl for making white and black meatballs and also some sheets of the vinyl for cutting numbers out.  Does anyone know where I can buy this vinyl?

A sign shop should have a Vinyl cutter.  Get them to cut you some
circles and numbers.

Also, if you paint the stripes, you can taper them so they look
better.  The original Shelby Mustangs had tapered stripes.  When we
striped the Miata, we laid everything out and just added a little
taper by eyeballing it.  The stripes are about 1/4 wider at the cowl
than at the front of the hood.  The rear tapers a little less because
the length is shorter.
Here is a small pic:
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/image.php?u=11519&dateline=1219192005
We discussed doing Vinyl but my friend talked me into painting them
because the curves of the Miata would be harder to get right with the
Vinyl.