[Spridgets] Holy Mess

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 11:26:08 MDT 2008

In trying to fit the Holy Bonnet to the Holy Sprite I have found some
DPO has altered the radiator air shroud which moved the locating pegs by
only one inch.
And I found out why the hinge adjustment keeps moving.
The hinge pockets have been ripped out of the firewall. The whole cowl
is loose along the top welds and the pockets for the hinges are actually
ripped a couple inches across the firewall, you can see the rip open up
when you wiggle the hinges.
All I can think of is the original bonnet must have flew open to do this
damage. I hope I can get it back where it belongs and welded up. I
already cut the PO welds and the pegs will move the inch they need to.
But now Hanna is starting to kick up and there is no room in the garage
to weld with all the parts, 2 Sprites, and the bonnet.
The car is still outside and my brother and I got it back up on the jack
stands after I accidentally nudged to too hard last night and it fell
off the stands.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ