[Spridgets] old commercials (Hope for GM?

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:03:32 MST 2008

Scott Miller did an album called Citation, and the song Freedom Was a
Stranger, mentions the Citation in the song.
http://www.thescottmiller.com/scottmillermusic.html
If you like the folk/americana music, hit the link. It takes you to a page
that has all his music on there for free streaming listening. The second
album down is Citation (2006) and play the first song. I consider Scott a
friend, as well as a great musician. He was originally a history teacher, so
many of his songs hold true stories. For those of you that may recall The
V-Roys, or the house band for The Blue Collar Comedy Show, Scott was
influential in both of those, as well as playing with Steve Earle for a
short while.

Brad

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 10/30/08, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> > Back in 1976 or so, the Chevette was launched with an ad
> > campaign stating,
> > "It's about time for a new kind of American
> > car
>
> I think that was actually the Chevy Citation (maybe Chevette too, I
> forget), which was so bad a lot of people don't even remember it existed.
> That was also the era of "The Shape of Things to Come" (and go away,
> apparently) and the Sears Diehard commercial with the prototype TR8. Madison
> Avenue should not underestimate their effect on 10 year olds. Their crappy
> car ads for crappy car designs sent me right into getting in trouble for
> sketching antique designs like MGAs and E-Types on my notebook covers in
> Mrs. Felber's 4th grade class.
>
> Ron

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad