[Spridgets] old commercials (Hope for GM?

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 09:23:01 MST 2008

--- On Thu, 10/30/08, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> Back in 1976 or so, the Chevette was launched with an ad
> campaign stating,
> "It's about time for a new kind of American
> car

I think that was actually the Chevy Citation (maybe Chevette too, I forget), which was so bad a lot of people don't even remember it existed. That was also the era of "The Shape of Things to Come" (and go away, apparently) and the Sears Diehard commercial with the prototype TR8. Madison Avenue should not underestimate their effect on 10 year olds. Their crappy car ads for crappy car designs sent me right into getting in trouble for sketching antique designs like MGAs and E-Types on my notebook covers in Mrs. Felber's 4th grade class.

Ron