[Spridgets] Hope...for GM?

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Oct 30 07:08:28 MST 2008

> As a GM truck owner for many years ( LBC's and SAAB's need a tow  vehicle)
> I must respectfully disagree.  The fuel pump dies often  enough that my
> extended warantee was worth the extra $1500. $660 per  fuel pump
> installed, and it's happened to me no less than 4 times inas  many years
> and to MANY of other folk I know who drive them.  Less that  40K miles.
> Yet my (ore GM) SAAB has 130k miles with the same fuel pump.

Lester,
My garage manager insists that dying fuel pumps are the result of people
not filling their fuel tanks until they are close to empty. The lower the
fuel level, the harder the pump has to work and the less the flow of fuel
cools it down. Never let the gauge drop below quarter tank. Beats the heck
out of $660 fuel pumps...
David Lieb