[Spridgets] Still no clutch

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Sun Oct 19 16:54:32 MDT 2008

>Bingo - you found your problem! you have a bubble in the line, and you need to get it out.

Is there clear plastic hydraulic line in a 1500 Midget?  If so, that would appear to be a useful modification for any of our cars.

The clear plastic I mentioned is the drain tube attached to the bleeder valve.  It goes from the bleeder valve up into the engine well and then down into a peanut butter jar on the frame.  The bubble that collects where it turns over can move upward faster than the fluid is pumped downward.  If it can do it outside where I can see, it can also do it internally where I can't see.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY