[Spridgets] Bugeye ignition switch

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:34:56 MDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Phil Nase <nases at verizon.net> wrote:

> I may get to fire the engine this weekend.  Although not a brand new engine
> I plan to treat it like one since it hasn't been run in many years.  I know
> there is a procedure for this can someone post again what it is?  After I
> get oil pressure what rpms for how long,  when to change the oil and
> retorque the head.

Pull the spark plugs and shoot some oil into the cylinders. Pull the coil
wire off and crank the engine over until you get oil pressure showing on the
gauge. Reconnect the coil wire and fire the engine! The RPMs thing for 30
minutes is for breaking in a new camshaft. If you did not replace the cam or
lifters, no need to perform this step... If you freshened up the engine
(rings and bearing, etc.) change the oil after 1 hour running time and then
at 500 miles while you retorque the head.
--
Kent
1960 Bugeye