[Spridgets] Horns....now Kate Bales

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Sun Mar 2 12:46:26 MST 2008

Leader Dogs have also been called "seeing eye dogs", guide dogs, etc.
They are, specifically, for assisting the blind.
The principal reason for existence of Lions Club International is to
raise money to be used to assist the blind.  This includes funding for
research, treatment (of eye disease), training of leader dogs (a VERY
expensive and time-consuming proposition, I can assure you), schools for
the blind, and a host of other things related to helping the blind, as
well as the "normal" community service stuff.
Bud Osbourne