[Spridgets] Arrived!!!!

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 03:11:11 MDT 2008

Martha and I took 12 hours for the 550 mile trip. We lost a tire on the
borrowed trailer in Caney OK. The thing had been getting squirrelly and
would sway side to side when we hit any bumps. We were doing 60 mph on the
way home, rather than the 70-75 that we did on the way up. It was not a huge
surprise when the tire went.
Unfortunately for us, the guy who loaned us the trailer, didn't know what
the bolt pattern of the tire was, so I wasn't able to procure a spare prior
to leaving. So I was regaled to unloading the Sprite, removing the bar from
the trunk, and fitting a 15" trailer tire in there, and start searching for
someone willing to change a tire at around noon on Sunday.
There was a truck stop down the road, and the gal behind the counter was
kind enough to place a few calls for me. The first place, the lady on the
other end started yelling, when she asked if Otis (swear on a Bible, that
was his name) wanted to change a tire. The next place was willing, so down
the dirt roads I ran.
Talk about banjo time.....
I pull up into the driveway, and a little boy, about 9 or 10 comes out to
the car, 3 dogs in tow. Little sis arrives while I am trying to unwedge the
remains of the tire from the boot. I get it out just in time to see an aging
biker come out. He directs me to his shed, which houses a bike, a trike, and
a tire changing machine. I was avoiding bumping the fender on the trike the
entire time I moved around the shop helping him.
The kids come running up with a 12 pack box, on end, with a turtle shoved in
it, proudly showing off their new pet.
What an experience.....
After about an hour, we were back on the road. Thank goodness we had the
Sprite as a "spare"....

I also met many fine folks, and hope that we can have another "50th"
gathering soon..

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>
wrote:

> Just in case any of you were worried, Trish and I arrived safely home after
> an uneventful drive (the best kind?).
> The LotO event was OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much, Jim!!!
> I think Bill Loeb expressed it best when he said, "I didn't meet anyone
> here
> I would not like to see again,." A good time with good friends and good
> cars.
> David Lieb

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad