[Spridgets] summer school cars

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 07:52:52 MDT 2008

Vigil,
Yea hard to believe they pay me to have fun : )
I make it a pretty nice program because I teach the kids 3D modeling
software too. Maybe next year I'll toss in fuel cell cars : )

BTW my parents made us drive with them for 1 year before we could drive
alone or with friends so we had experience with all types of weather, we
have lots of ice out here in NJ (less snow lately). Then if we wanted a car
after that first year of good driving including zero tickets and accidents
we had to pay for the car, repairs & parts as well as insurance. I remember
buying my first car for $50. a daily driver in 1975. It was a 1965 Pontiac 2
door Tempest light blue just like my parents 4 door. I figured if it was
good for mom & dad it was good for me plus $50. was all I got for my
bicycle. I foolishly thought my older brother & dad would teach me how to
work on it but they never had the time so I bought a tool kit and went to
the local junk yard and bought the parts I needed to make the very wet
interior (the po my friend always left the windows open) as nice and odor
free as possible. I also bought other parts at the yard as well as the local
parts store. I asked friends how to do the work and every so often my
brother & dad would answer a question or two but they were always working so
seeing them was a treat in it's self.

I loved that car and It got me hooked on cars. My second car in 1979 was
$50. too a 1968 Spitfire I learned to weld on that car. Oddly the most
important thing in my first car was the stereo, and my second car (LBC ) I
left the radio in the garage because the sound of the LBC engine then & now
is music to my ears.

Too bad the $50. car is $500. now (if you can find them).
Lin