[Spridgets] summer school cars

WFO Herb froggi60 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:44:27 MDT 2008

Here's how my folks handled the 'car' issue....

Not until my Senior year... and not unless I maintained a 3.5gpa.

Then and only then, if I had the money to buy and insure a car.

Dad worked two jobs, usually six-days a week.  Mom raised us four kids.

Being the oldest, I did all the yard work, took care of plowing the garden
(200x200'), feeding the stock...as well as milking before and after school.

We cut wood Spring thru Fall; burned 11 cords a year in our old 1800's farm
house.  Fireplace only, no insulation.

Got punished...usually with a belt...almost on a daily basis.  Very strict
Dad.  Could never ask him 'why' are question what I was told to do.  "Yes
Sir" and off I went....

Looking back, life was 'typical' country life.  And I don't remember it as
being bad!

But then I'm almost 61 and don't remember things very well!

Other's stories???

Herb