[Spridgets] Skanky Miss - A Slight Reprise

Bud Pazur bpazur at excel.net
Wed Jun 4 12:54:13 MDT 2008

After checking and switching out anything and everthing that could be causing
the miss, and having absolutely no luck, I decided to start all over again.
First thing were the floats. Floats still looked fine. But then I had this
weird hunch. I emptied the gas out of the chambers and blew compressed air
thru the jet tubes from the carb (needle) end thru to the float chamber.
Guess what - the front tube was completely clogged! I took the tube off, blew
it out both ways. I must have dislodged something, although I never saw the
little goober, because all of a sudden, it was clear. I re-installed it, took
the car for a test drive, and - no miss! Can't understand what clogged it or
where it came from (I have a Fram fuel filter inline). But, who cares! And at
least now I know a lot of things (like dwell, timing, gaps, carbs, wires,
condenser, gaskets, etc, are all set and functioning correctly). Thanks for
all your responses.

Bud

Bud Pazur