[Spridgets] Bloody computers

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 2 23:40:23 MDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman at gmail.com>
To: "Jim Hammack" <hammack at gotslack.org>
Cc: <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bloody computers

> On 6/2/08, Jim Hammack <hammack at gotslack.org> wrote:
> I really need to
> go to Synchronous Multi-Processor set up to shorten the computation time.
> Fortunately the more recent itterations of Fedora support SMP.

I think you mean Symmetric  Multiprocessing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric_multiprocessing

> I'm also old
> enough to have used Slackware back in the olden days!!  I ran it on an old
> IBM with an 8088 cpu and 640K RAM on the mother board!  How times change!

You were running an 8088 in 1993?  Most of us were on 286/386 machines
around that time.
1993 was when the first Slackware version came out.  I could be wrong but I
think you needed at least a 386 to run it.