[Spridgets] Bloody computers

Jim Hammack hammack at GotSlack.org
Mon Jun 2 19:46:18 MDT 2008

   But Linux runs great on older (cheap) hardware that can't keep up with
   Vista  or  XP.   I'm  sending  this  from  a  333  MHz Pentium running
   Slackware.   (I'm  so old, I learned Unix before Windows even existed,
   so no steep learning curve for me.)
   Windoze is good for your mom to keep her recipes, but Larry is right -
   Linux or a Mac if you're doing something serious.
                                                    Jim
   Larry Macy wrote:

Might be painless install, unless you have a new gaming laptop (RAIDED
drives hi-powered video etc - no freaking drivers available in the
Ubuntu distro), then the drivers fail. In my experience, Ubuntu is the
worst for up to date drivers for brand new machines. Now get someone
that has linux experience to fix it.

Now Fedora, that's a whole different ball game

Larry
For development - Linux. For Work - Mac, For Solitaire - Windows