[Spridgets] Out of gas & had to walk home

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:13:37 MDT 2008

My Sprite was running a little rough the last time I had her out but didn't
have time to see what the problem was. So today I took her for a spin around
the block and she sounded fine ( the gas gauge said 1/4 full) I had put in a
few gallons of gas the last time and the needle moved on the gauge but I was
suspecting a clogged tank or something similar. I took her a bit farther and
all of a sudden she acted as though the fuel pump wasn't working but I could
hear it on and it is fairly new. I gave Frank a call (thanks again Frank)
and as always he gave me the tips to determine if the pump worked and
.........no fuel. So I walked home and came back with the other car and gas
can although it''s too bad I forgot to tighten the hose to the carb as the
gas was poring out. She fired right up and I drover her home. But later that
day I went to move her into the garage and she started acting as though she
was running low again. I was reluctant to fill the tank to the top because
if my tank is dirty I would have to remove all the gas but there should be
enough gas now. Should I or can I put another fuel filter coming from the
gas line to the electric fuel pump to see it crud is in the tank? I didn't
have enough time to trouble shoot today but I'll check later in the week.
Linda
PS I am sending Anita the gal in WA who's Deep Pink Sprite is on the
Carlisle brochure my copy, she is thrilled & honored to have her Sprite on
it.

62 California Sprite "Pinky"
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner