[Spridgets] Bloody computers (NO LBC CONTENT)

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 10:19:02 MDT 2008

I heartily concur with Bill!  I use Eudora (email) and Firefox (browser) on
our machines. I won't use Outlook at all. The reasoning for that being that
hackers most commonly write malware for the most common software packages in
order to do the most damage possible.  You're not any more immune to hacking
with the lesser known email clients, but it is less likely that a hacker
would write malware to attack them. In any case, if something comes in via
your email, a non-integrated setup sees to it that it is less likely to take
over your OS!

I haven't yet tried The Bat but intend to when I get some time....

Cheers!!
Jim

On 6/1/08, Bill L <pythias at pacifier.com> wrote:

> Hello B-,
>

>       While i'm no expert at this it SOUNDS like you had a trojan that
>       had set up your computer to be a "zombie". The problem only went
>       away when you replaced the old one......
>
>       i don't know how paranoid you are about using,
>
>       FIREWALL's... ANTI-VIRUS...ANTI-SPYWARE, ... etc,
>
>       but... ..
>

>       you should know that OUTLOOK and EXPLORER are integrated. What
>       either of them knows, BOTH know, so if you have left open any
>       entryway into your system, you have allowed access to your WHOLE
>       system... to avoid this kind of problem, I use Firefox but NOT
>       Thunderbird, as they are integrated.. i won't use OUTLOOK at
>       all. It is a part of the system. .. i use .. THE BAT as my email
>       program.. its nonstandard so not vulnerable to the kind of
>       outside attack that mainstream programs are. .. Its also more
>       powerful if you need that, easy to use, easy to set up,
>       PLUS..i run multiple e-mail accounts... my regular, a gmail, a
>       secondary, i think 5 altogether, and this program checks them
>       all at once, ONE program to open to see everything. .. and when
>       i send email out, it gets sent thru the proper account!..
>
>       NFI
>
> --
> Best regards,
>   Bill                            mailto:pythias at pacifier.com
>   '66 Sprite HAN8L49403
>   C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29,
2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>