[Spridgets] Accident Update2

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 30 07:06:30 MDT 2008

That's good news.  My daughter still asks me from time to time if I'm ever
going to put the Sprite back together.  She would have been about 7 when I
first pulled off that fender.

Now, you know me and my SA remarks ...
re:
>>The bodyshop manager at work has ok'd me hiring his head painter
>>to do the work on the side.

Why would a head painter work on the side?  Maybe I'm answering my own
question here; but I do realize that it is only the sides of the head that
gets painted.  I had no idea that painters were so specialized!!  ;)

----Original Message Follows----
From: "David Riker" <davriker at nwi.net>

State farm has settled my claim.  They have sent a check that comes close to
what my body shop quoted.  They agreed to keep the claim active, so that if
there is further damage discovered they will look at a supplimental filing.

I am going to wait until mid-August to do the dissasembly.  My 8 year old
daughter was crushed when she thought that they were going to total the car,
and now is excited to help daddy fix it.  She is gone on vacation until next
week, then birthday plans, so mid August it begins.

I have just about convinced myself to dissasemble the whole car and do a
complete repaint.  It just isn't much more work.  The bodyshop manager at
work
has ok'd me hiring his head painter to do the work on the side.

Anyway,  time for a new chapter.

David Riker