[Spridgets] Earthquake--follow-up

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:03:28 MDT 2008

> Hmmm...30 people in the country have seen a tornado? Is that at any given
> time? Aside from my immediate family, who are the other 26?

I've seen a few! In 1969 I was working and the buildings on either side of
our store were leveled. We had a broom through the front doors to keep them
from being sucked open. It worked! In 1978 one went through the parking lot
of my apartment complex and picked my motorcycle up and moved it a few feet
but set it back down on its wheels. That one picked up a dumpster and
dropped it on my roomie's VW bug. Squashed. That year I also found one as I
left Houston, TX. I drove through the worst of it as I was on the highway at
the moment that it hit. I couldn't even see my windshield wipers moving for
a moment! I attribute my safety to the added weight of 15 cases of Coors in
the trunk... (We couldn't get it east of the Mississippi River back then.) A
little while later I heard on the radio that 750 houses were destroyed by
that one.
--
Kent
1960 Bugeye