[Spridgets] No LBC - Need Some English Translated into English!

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 19 03:10:34 MDT 2008

Larry,

It is two seperate words - Whine is the noise made by a worn gearbox bearing
before it begins to chatter.  Whinge is the noise made by the driver going
on about it.

Whine is pronounced wine as in the World's 2nd greatest liquid and can be
the noise made a nasal woman going on about you being late.  Whinge is
pronounced as hinge - the things that let your doors swing around - but with
a 'w' in front.  It is the content of the noise made by a nasal woman going
on about you being late.

English people are often called 'Whinging poms' by Aussies as they do
nothing but complain about their lot in life.  Having to work(!), the
weather etc, etc.

On a similar vein, previous posts about the use of Whimbledon White amused
me somewhat as does the perennial inability to differentiate between break
and brake.

Vive la difference

Guy R Day